The man accused of molesting an underage boy at his home in rural Arkansas has pleaded not guilty to child pornography charges, CBS News has learned.
The victim’s parents say they are pleased the man has been convicted.
Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly, a former Fox News executive, pleaded not-guilty in December to charges of molestation, and his attorney, Brian Levin, says the victim was a minor.
O’Riley’s attorney told CBS News on Monday that O’Brien will not be released until a new trial is scheduled.
Levin said O’Leary’s attorney, David L. Shireman, has agreed to waive his right to a speedy trial, and the defense will file a motion to compel a new sentencing hearing.
Fox’s O’Donnell had been accused of raping two boys, ages 11 and 14, while he was an executive at Fox News and the network’s flagship cable channel, Fox & Me.
CBS News is not identifying the victims or the victims’ families, and CBS News does not identify victims who have been victims of sexual abuse.
Fox executives were not immediately available for comment.
The victims were a 10-year-old boy and a 13-year old boy, the attorney said.
A search of the home of the victims found more than 1,000 photos and videos of children, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by CBS News.
The affidavit states that O’dellow, a longtime Fox News employee, was fired after being accused of abusing two children.
O’deillow’s lawyer, Brian J. Levin, declined to comment on the affidavit.
Levin says he will not comment on whether he will be able to negotiate a plea deal.
Fox has hired an outside firm to conduct an investigation of O’Reillows claims.
Fox &s Me, a Fox affiliate in Arkansas, released a statement Monday saying it is “extremely disappointed in the outcome” of the case.
The statement said the network has launched an internal investigation of all allegations and is conducting an internal review of all current and former employees, as well as other individuals who may have knowledge of this matter.
The network also says it is working to establish a “zero tolerance” policy for sexual harassment.
The complaint against O’Hara was filed in June 2016, according a news release from the county sheriff’s office.
A victim told the Associated Press she saw O’Rahilly at a local bar in the spring of 2016 and that she was drinking with her friend when O’Railly told her to “get off his lawn,” according to the news release.
The woman said O’dhara and her friend, who had been drinking, then went back to the home to have sex with the two boys.
She said the two young boys then went to a nearby Walmart to buy food, according the news report.
Fox denied the allegations in a statement to CBS News and said it was working to clear O’Connor from the network.
OReilly resigned from Fox News in January after a series of sexual harassment allegations against him.
Oreillys lawyer, Levin, said that Fox has never been able to find evidence that Oreilly sexually abused any children.
Fox had no comment on Monday on the investigation of the alleged abuse.
A Fox News spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.
OReillys attorney said in a news conference on Sunday that the allegations are not “informative” and are not based on fact.
Orey’s lawyer said the allegations against OReilly were brought to the attention of the law enforcement authorities.
Levin has said the victims have been “severely traumatized and traumatized is what it was.”
Levin said his client was not at Fox at the time the alleged assault occurred.
Fox says it will review O’Aroll’s termination and any other termination related to this matter, and is continuing to investigate O’Keefe’s claims.